08 May 2011

cookie pie - chicago style

Watching TV after the Kentucky Derby, I spotted a whole show dedicated to pizza.  Having an obsession with pizza, I had to make sure I am on the inside track.  They focused on NY, Chicago and LA - but what stuck out the most, of course, was the pizza featured from my birth city.  The show discussed the pros and cons of deep dish (I think they're all pros) - Uno vs. Lou Malnati's - and the finale of the Chicago segment was the chocolate chip cookie pie.  Tyler proceeded to drool over the under-baked pizza-shaped cookie, topped with ice cream, whipped cream & cherries.  When I casually mentioned that I could do that - his eyes popped out of his head.  So he went to pick up the pizza (how could we have avoided that result), and I made the cookie dough.  What I learned is interesting - cookie dough is essentially cake batter without the liquids.  Butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, salt & chips!  I used chocolate and peanut butter chips for a little extra kick.  This is what I came up with...

delish!

fresh strawberries to add texture

chocolate, vanilla & strawberry ice cream medley

No comments:

Post a Comment