06 May 2011

arriba arriba

Even though this food update is about my Cinco de Mayo supper, I couldn't leave out la cena de Cinco de Cuatro because it was just as yummy.  Simple but delicious - fusilli col buco from Giada's Target line, black tiger shrimp & a homemade sauce made from butter, olive oil, dill, Boursin cheese and a bit of heavy cream to thicken.  The pasta was my favorite - it has such a great texture!  I wish they made it in a whole wheat version!



And to the main event...Cinco de Mayo fish tacos!  Since I've been trying to eat healthier as swim suit season is approaching, I am focusing on lots of veggies, proteins and whole wheat carbs if I have to go there. 
the southwestern coleslaw - red cabbage, jalapenos, cilantro, honey & lime juice

la cerveza

  
the chips - these new artisan black bean & roasted garlic tortilla chips - they tasted more like doritos - yum!
the vail safeway didn't have fresh fish so we had to buy frozen mahi mahi - the grill master still conquered with salt, pepper, cajun seasoning & chili powder
I added sliced tomatoes, chipolte mexican corn, and homemade white sauce
que bueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment