25 April 2011

arts & crafts

Another snowy night here in paradise.  We're still waiting for the spring to come.  Rather than grilling out with the windows open, I thought this would be the perfect night for an arts & crafts project I've been putting off.  I've been collecting corks for about a year now.  People always collect odds and ends so they can move their creative thoughts into fruition.  This time, I'm actually going through with it.  The only problem is I've started the project now, and I only have half the corks needed to complete the cork board.  The inspiration came from the most recent batch of wedding invitations I've received in the mail.  They are a bit too heavy & thick to hold up under a magnet's strength.  So I thought they deserved their own special board.  Here's to a night with cabernet, rubber cement, Ingrid Michaelson, and pickled green beans from Santa Barbara Olive Co.
all that's missing is patience for the glue to hold

proud cork collection

No comments:

Post a Comment