12 July 2011

mini cupcake wedding cake

When my bride & groom having their ceremony at Beaver Creek and their reception at Vista at Arrowhead requested a double stacked cupcake wedding cake topper, I thought it was going to be a piece of cake.  Pun intended!  I just kind of winged it, but I'm pretty proud of how it came out!  I used 3 different sized cupcakes instead of 2 for more of a wow factor - mini, classic & texas size.  See the frosting process...

naked cakes, tops sliced off, glued together with frosting

outside layer piping resembles tiramisu

smooth around the outside

pipe thick ropes on flat surfaces

blend ropes into surfaces


added decor to cover up imperfections and cake edges

adding more detail to highest flat layer

adding detail to top of cake

finito!

top of cupcake tier at Vista
 
the artistic view
 
their cupcake selection was birthday cake, red velvet & peanut butter truffle
 
fit for a bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment